[Blueboard] thanks and congratulations!

Maria Regina M. Hechanova rhechanova at ateneo.edu
Tue Aug 26 09:28:22 PHT 2014

Dear All,

Just wanted to say congratulations and thank you to everyone who attended and presented in the 2014 PAP Convention! Our department delivered 44 papers (which was more than any other school, yes I counted :-)) and is almost a third of all papers in the entire convention!

To all presenters, we do have subsidies for faculty and graduate students, so please do apply to the Loyola Schools if you are eligible or get forms from Mhal for departmental subsidy.

May I also ask you to encourage your students to write up papers for publication? In the latest issue of PJP, 5 of the 8 papers came from our department. Let us keep up the tradition of active involvement in building knowledge in Psychology!

It is also with great pride that I share the news that one of our first graduates of the Phd Leadership Studies major in OD students Sr. Marivic Galamay, SFIC won 2014 Best DIssertation from PAP! Her dissertation was on transformational leadership, team innovation and the mediating role of team climate.

Finally, let's also all congratulate Dr. Cara Fernandez and Dr. Isabel Melgar who were both voted into the PAP Board!

Thanks to Pia for organizing our dinner in CDO and for Eds and Pia for providing impromptu entertainment. Thanks too to Pochi for being OIC in the department while we were away!

I feel proud to be a part of our productive and happy Psych family!

Do Save the Dates (and make early bookings) for Aug 19-22, 2015 -  the next PAP/AASP convention in Cebu!

Gina

Ma. Regina M. Hechanova, PhD
President, Psychological Association of the Philippines
Chair, AdMU Department of Psychology
426-5905
09178744184