[Blueboard] Proposed MMDA traffic signal lights along Katipunan Road opposite Ateneo Gate 3 and Miriam College

FMO Comcen [FMO] comcen.fmo at ateneo.edu
Sat Aug 23 14:02:02 PHT 2014

[image: Inline image 1]
Date                 :       23 August 2014

Memo to          :       The University Community

>From               :       Arch. Michael M. Canlas

                                Director

Subject           :       Proposed MMDA traffic signal lights along
Katipunan Road opposite Ateneo Gate 3 and Miriam College

       We would like to make this early announcement on the MMDA's recent
direction in putting up traffic signal lights along Katipunan Road opposite
Ateneo Gate 3 and Miriam College to address the worsening traffic situation
along that area. This new scheme will allow Ateneo bound vehicles coming
from UP Balara to enter Gate 3 via this left turn . Similarly , part of
Gate of 3 will now be allowed as exit point for southbound vehicles via
left turn at this new junction instead of those midway U-turn slots that
will no longer be in operation .

       Please note that this announcement is to prepare everyone as there
has been no definite date yet as to its exact implementation. The
University President has written to the MMDA Chairman to request for more
time to study in terms of its overall effect including the traffic system
inside the campus.  Based on initial assessment , this new scheme looks
positive but needs further review in terms of vehicle origin / destination
profile and traffic lights sequencing and phasing.

       In this respect, please expect possible changes on the present
Ateneo campus one-way scheme upon the implementation of traffic signal
lights along Katipunan Road.

              > Part University Road will be converted into a two-way from
Gate 3 to cor Fr. Arrupe Road
              > Presence of visuals and route maps at the Gates for
motorists' information easy reference

       We would also request for everyone's cooperation to avail of the
following current traffic flow options in order to minimize heavy vehicle
influx at Gate 3 brought about by this new scheme.

              > Grade School bound vehicles from North are encouraged to
enter Gates 1 & 2 via U-turn slot below the Aurora Blvd. flyover
              > Grade School exiting vehicles are encouraged to take exit
Gate 2.5 .Southbound vehicles may take the CPGarcia U-turn slot.

       Thank you and we hope for your kind understanding and cooperation .
Rest assured that the University is in close coordination with the MMDA in
line with this new development and future traffic improvements and will
update the community on any development from time to time.

 * MISSION The Ateneo de Manila University Facilities Management Team
fosters a safe, secure and sustainable environment that is highly conducive
to teaching, learning and community building.   VISION The Ateneo de Manila
University Facilities Management Team is a cohesive team of highly
competent, proactive and committed interdependent units, collaboratively
driving the University to attain world-class facilities and services.
 Please email comments to: Arch. Michael M. Canlas at m
<mmcanlas at ateneo.edu>mcanlas at ateneo.edu <mmcanlas at ateneo.edu> *