[Blueboard] Congratulations to the Ateneo Chamber Singers

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Tue Aug 12 09:52:42 PHT 2014

         [image: Inline image 1]

Memo to         :           The University Community

Subject            :           Congratulations to the Ateneo Chamber Singers

It is with great pleasure that I share with the community the victories of
our very own Ateneo Chamber Singers in two international competitions in
Europe.

The Ateneo Chamber Singers, with conductor Jonathan Velasco, emerged
champions of the 8th World Choir Games in Riga, Latvia where they earned 2
Gold Medals. And then again at the 60th Certamen Internacional de Habaneras
y Polyfonia held in Torrevieja, Spain the ACS won First Prize for the
Habaneras Category, the contest’s most coveted prize.

We invite the community to visit the links to the competitions:

http://www.interkultur.com/world-choir-games/

http://www.habaneras.org/en/

and to view the award-winning performances of the ACS at the following links
:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152341689838922&set=vb.740808921&type=2&theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ItFbmb_s0&app=desktop

Announcement of winners (around the 11:15 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Zwa-Q0ODU&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila University, I congratulate Mr Jonathan
Velasco and all the members of the Ateneo Chamber Singers for their stellar
performance in singing their hearts out ad majorem Dei gloriam.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ