[Blueboard] A benefit concert: Himig Heswita Sings for San Jose

Office of Alumni Relations alumnirelations at ateneo.edu
Tue Aug 12 08:18:05 PHT 2014

For over 400 years, San Jose Major Seminary has formed hundreds of Filipino
priests for ministry in the dioceses all over the Philippines.  This diocesan
seminary aims at forming men of virtue, learning, spirit, and service-- agents
of renewal of the Church and society in the Philippines.  Some of our more
distinguished alumni include Most Rev. Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D., Most
Rev. Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales, D.D, and Most Rev. Orlando Cardinal Quevedo,
D.D.

San Jose Major Seminary is in need of financial help at this time.  Traditional
fund sources have been drying up alarmingly.   We are asking your help to build
up the seminary’s endowment fund, and support its important work of training
and forming the young priests who will eventually run our parishes and may
someday play key roles in the Philippine Church.   The Jesuits through the
leadership of composer Fr. Arnel Aquino, S.J. are holding a benefit concert
entitled, “Himig Heswita Sings for San Jose” with the special participation
of Cardinal Tagle himself.  This will be held on Saturday, August 23 and on
Sunday, August 31, 7:00 p.m. at Leong Hall inside the Ateneo de Manila campus.
Tickets are at P5,000 and P3,000 and P1,000. For ticket sale and reservation,
please contact the San Jose Fundraising Office at 426-6091 (TL) or +63 999
759-2465 (SMART) or +63 927 715-2331 (GLOBE).  You may also email sanjosedevelopmentoffice at gmail.com.

"Tend my sheep," says the Lord (John 21:16).  But who shall look after the
shepherds?  We hope you can take this rare chance to help form priests who
will help bring Jesus to many souls.  When you tend the shepherd, you tend
the sheep.    Thank you very much.  May God bless you and your loved ones.

Tickets are available at the Office of Alumni Relations
Rm 201 2/F Faber Hall, Loyola Heights Campus
Mon to Fri 8am to 12nn & 1pm to 5pm
Sat 8am to 12nn
Look for Ms. Rita De Villa, Tel. 426-6001 Loc. 4088