[Blueboard] Manila Observatory Brownbag session with Italian landslide expert, Dr. Andrea Maria Deganutti

amdortiz at observatory.ph amdortiz at observatory.ph
Wed Sep 25 21:42:13 PHT 2013

The Ateneo community is warmly invited to the Manila Observatory's
Brownbag lunch session on FRIDAY, Sept 27 at 11:30 AM. We are
privileged to welcome a distinguished guest speaker, Dr. Andrea Maria
Deganutti from the Italian National Research Council to learn more
about landslides, debris flows and rock avalanches in his talk,
"Rheology of Debris Flows and Rock Avalanches".

Dr. Andrea Maria Deganutti is senior researcher at the Research
Institute for Geo-Hydrological Protection (Instituto di Ricerca per la
Protezione Idrogeologica) of the Italian National Research Council
(Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche). His expertise is on debris
flows, avalanches, landslides and mudslides.

In light of the recent tragic landslides, Dr. Deganutti's expertise
will help us learn more about the science of rheology to inform our
disaster risk reduction efforts.

Thank you and we hope to see you there at Klima.