[Blueboard] Relief and assistance for Zamboanga

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Fri Sep 13 13:41:08 PHT 2013

[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to      :     The University Community

Subject         :     Relief and assistance for Zamboanga

On behalf of the growing number of residents in Zamboanga City who have
been displaced from their homes and livelihoods with no clear end in sight,
all Ateneo universities in the country (especially the Ateneo de Zamboanga
University [AdZU], which is in the thick of extending relief aid to our
distressed people in the south) are joining hands to raise resources for
humanitarian assistance to refugees. We are coursing those resources
through the AdZU. I commend the initiatives already begun along this line
from various sectors of our University and its partners, particularly those
of the Loyola Schools students who constitute Kalinaw Mindanao-Ateneo and
of the Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan.

I am calling once again upon your concern and generosity. You may direct
your donations through any of the following channels:

1.  Cash donations may be directly made to the Ateneo de Zamboanga by
depositing directly to BPI Account no. 2111-000-142 (account name: Ateneo
de Zamboanga University). So that your assistance may be duly acknowledged,
please send an email to Fr. Willy Samson, SJ of AdZU at
willysamson at yahoo.com indicating: (a) the amount of your donation, (b) the
date of deposit, and (c) your name. If you prefer, the same information may
be sent by SMS to 0916-734-4703.

2. Cash donations may also be dropped off with Kalinaw Mindanao-Ateneo. It
will continue to receive such donations at its booth located within the
Gonzaga cafeteria at the Loyola Schools premises up to 4:30 p.m. today, and
at its station to be set up at the Cervini driveway starting tomorrow.

Let us never stop praying for peace.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ