[Blueboard] 2013 Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines (TOSP)

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Tue Sep 3 09:20:00 PHT 2013

[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to      :     The University Community

Subject         :     2013 Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines
(TOSP)

On behalf of Ateneo de Manila University, I am pleased to inform you that
two of our very own made it to the TOSP. They are:

*Gabriel Ignacio P Alejo*

*Delfin Stephen D Villafuerte** *

 Gio Alejo and Delfin Villafuerte are among our recent top graduates. They
both received recognition for excellence in academic, leadership and
service achievements.  Gio graduated BS Health Sciences 2013 and was
President of the Sanggunian ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila
2012-2013. Delfin graduated BS Management Engineering 2013 and was the
Class Valedictorian.

Gio is now a first year medical student at the Ateneo School of Medicine
and Public Health, and Delfin is currently a public school teacher in Roxas
District, Quezon City under the "Teach for the Philippines" program.

They have been chosen as two of the Ten Outstanding Students of the
Philippines (TOSP) for 2013, from among 30 national finalists from 25
schools and 9 regions all over the country.

The awarding ceremonies were held on August 29, 2013, at the Malacañang
Palace.

We take joy and pride in their achievements; we are grateful for the honor
they give to our University; and we look forward in hope for our people as
their young lives of service unfold.

ad majorem Dei gloriam,

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ