[Blueboard] Invitation to the Talk on "Existing Maritime Security Framework to Protect Our National Sovereignty"

socio at admu.edu.ph socio at admu.edu.ph
Wed Mar 13 10:06:34 PHT 2013

Department of Sociology and Anthropology
and Department of Political Science
School of Social Sciences,
Ateneo de Manila University

cordially invites you to

"A Presentation on the Existing Maritime Security Framework to Protect
Our National Sovereignty"

by Capt. Ronnie Gil Gavan, PCG
Director of PCG Maritime Studies and Special Concerns

3:30 to 5:00 pm
20 of March 2013
Social Sciences Building Conference Rooms 1 and 2

One of the major security issues affecting the country is the on-going
territorial dispute regarding the islands in the West Philippine Sea.
Given the recent posturing made by the other claimants to these
territories, what are the existing maritime laws that can be invoked
by the Philippines to maintain our country?s sovereignty? Also, what
are the initiatives being done by the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) to
safeguard our country?s maritime integrity.

For more information, please contact: 426-5990 or socio at admu.edu.ph
--
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY & ANTHROPOLOGY
Ateneo de Manila University