[Blueboard] Biology students win inter-school quiz bee

Ronald Allan L. Cruz rcruz at ateneo.edu
Mon Mar 4 07:07:05 PHT 2013

The Department of Biology is proud to announce that *Jhoana M. Garces (2 BS
Biology)* and *Mary Sara Gremille B. Rulloda (4 BS Life Sciences)*,
representatives of the Department and the Ateneo Biological Organization  -
eXplore. eXperience. eXcel. (BOx),* *emerged as *Champions in the Magka-Bio
Tayo Inter-University Quiz Contest* held last 1 March 2013 in UP Manila.
They fended off the defending champions from the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng
Maynila (PLM) and the team from the University of Santo Tomas (UST) that
bagged the Ateneo Biology Cup (BOx's inter-university quiz bee) this school
year. We last won the championship in this quiz bee in 2010, but we have
been joining and quite consistently placing since the inaugural Magka-Bio
Tayo in 2007 (where we placed second).

Congratulations!

Ronald Allan L. Cruz, M.Sc.
Undergraduate Student Coordinator, Department of Biology
Moderator, BOx