[Blueboard] OADRCW and Elsevier invite you to a FREE Author's Workshop on August 30

Cecile Angela A. Ilagan cilagan at ateneo.edu
Tue Jul 30 14:28:27 PHT 2013

The Office of the Associate Dean for Research and Creative Work and
Elsevier would
like to invite all researchers, faculty and graduate students to a FREE
Authors' Workshop on August 30 at CTC 201.

**The speaker is Dr. Valerie M. Teng-Broug. She is one of the journal
publishers of Elsevier who for over 17 years has held various publishing
positions in economics, econometrics, finance and now mathematical
sciences. For this workshop, the speaker will be discussing the general
guidelines and best practices in preparing manuscripts for submission.

Following are the details of the workshop:**

*Topic : How to Write a Great Research Paper, and Get it Accepted by a Good
Journal*

*Major Sections of the workshop:**
*

- What steps do I need to take before I write my paper?
- Using citation database to evaluate journals, authors and collaborators
- How can I ensure I am using proper manuscript language?
- How do I build up my article properly?
- What are the author’s responsibilities & rights?*
*