[Blueboard] Request for prayers for Dr Ramon C Reyes

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Tue Jul 23 10:32:34 PHT 2013

[image: Inline image 1]

Memo to      :     University Community

Subject         :     Request for prayers for Dr Ramon C Reyes

[image: Inline image 1]

Dr Ramon C Reyes, Professor Emeritus, and faculty member of the Philosophy
Department, has been confined in the ICU for quite some time now. I would
like to request the community to pray for his health and recovery.

Up until his confinement, Doc Reyes has been teaching with us at the
Philosophy Department. He has served the University in various capacities –
as faculty member since 1965, Philosophy Department Chair from 1968 to
1981, Trustee from 1970-73 and then again in 1994-2005. He was recipient of
the Metrobank Most Outstanding Teacher Award in 1987.

His service outside the Ateneo includes being president of the Philippine
Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) from
1987 to 2006, and president for three terms of the Federation of
Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP).

May the good Lord grant our dear Doc Reyes renewed strength and speedy
recovery. May God also grant his wife, Mrs Nena Alcuaz-Reyes and their
family, the grace of patience, courage and hope during this time of his
illness.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ