[Blueboard] Department of Modern Languages - Public Lecture

miya bae miyabaebata at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 09:02:28 PHT 2013

Please disseminate this. Thanx.

Department of Modern Languages

Department of Modern Languages and Ateneo Initiative for Korean Studies

present the public lecture

"Korea, through the Wave: From Collaboration to Coexistence"

Ms. Kyungmin Bae, Visiting Lecturer, Department of Modern Languages

Korea? Korea...Korea: divided nation, miracle of Han river, red devil,
Kimchi, Super Junior.

What should we understand about Korea? How should really we see Korea?

The lecture  "Korea, through the Wave: From Collaboration to Coexistence“
will start discussion from understanding Korean people and their life in
social and historic background, especially, in East Asian context. Tue
current issues in the region, between China and Japan, may as well be
raised. Furthermore, it will let us think of two countries, the Philippines
and Korea, in regional and international perspectives.