[Blueboard] Lecture on Graph Theory

Editha V. Bagtas ebagtas at ateneo.edu
Wed Jul 17 15:54:07 PHT 2013

The Ateneo de Manila University
Mathematics Department

cordially invites you to a talk on

Taking Our Time As We Go From One Point To Another

by

Henry E. Escuadro, PhD
Assistant Professor
Juniata College, PA

on Monday, July 22, 2013
4:30 - 6:00 pm at SECA 303.

Abstract

For two vertices u and v in a connected graph G, the distance between
u and v is the length of the shortest path from u to v in G and is
denoted by d(u, v). Numerous results about this parameter have been
established and are well-known. In this talk, we consider the detour
distance between u and v, which is the defined as the length of the
longest path from u to v in G, and investigate if and how the results
about the usual distance in graphs change when we replace “distance”
with “detour distance”.