[Blueboard] Change your mail.ateneo.edu Passwords to Gain Access to Blue Eagle Mail on Feb 22, 2013

Chino S. Rodriguez crodriguez at ateneo.edu
Thu Feb 21 14:51:08 PHT 2013

*To the Ateneo Community:*

The University IT Resource Management Office (ITRMO) will start
transitioning our current email system (mail.ateneo.edu
 ) to Blue Eagle Mail (Google Powered Email System) by Feb. 22 - March 1,
2013. Please note that only emails on mail.ateneo.edu
 will be affected. Emails in mail.ateneo.net

 won't be affected yet. As such, expect the following to happen on these
dates:

*February 22-28, 2013 - Change password *

Everyone will be requested to change their email passwords THIS MONTH in
the current email system. Users will be need to login (using current
password) at https://mail.ateneo.edu
, then click on the "Password" icon (a lock) on the top menu bar to access
the password changing utility. (REQUIREMENT FOR ALL) The password you
provide in this process becomes your password for Blue Eagle Mail and WiFi
configuration (LSWLAN0). No password change, no access to Blue Eagle Mail

To encourage the community to participate, we are giving away Starbucks
gift checks for the:

   1. First 20 people to change their passwords from Basic Ed. (Grade
   School and High School)
   2. First 20 people to change their passwords from Loyola Schools
   3. First 20 people to change their passwords from Central Admin and
   other units

Of course you can only change your password once. We will announce your
names on Blueboard based on our server logs. Claim your prices at Faura
Hall, 2/F, Room 220 and look for Ms. Nanette Bautista

*March 1 - April 30 - Email Migration*

We will be copying your old emails to your Blue Eagle Mail accounts
starting March 1, 2013.  Expect the following to happen by then:

   1. Access Blue Eagle Mail via *mail.ateneo.edu
   * (still the same), but powered by Google
   2. Access our old email system via *portal.ateneo.edu
   *. This will be available until April 30, 2013.
   3. Migrate your Contacts/Address Book in old email system to to Blue
   Eagle Mail. This can be done personally via this
link<http://support.google.com/mail/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=1669027&parent=1669024&ctx=topic>
   .
   4. Collaborate with other staff and faculty members using Blue Eagle
   Docs. Learn how to do this here <http://learn.googleapps.com/>
   .
   5. Use your personal calendar and share it with your colleagues in the
   University. Learn how to do that here. <http://learn.googleapps.com/>
   6. Access our FAQs
here<https://sites.google.com/a/ateneo.edu/blueeaglemailfaqs/rationale>
   .

For any questions, kindly contact our ITRMO helpdesk number at 426.6001 loc
4185. We've attached the signed memo and the poster for your reference.

Thanks and kind regards,

Chin

*Chino S. Rodriguez* <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/chino360/>
End-User Computing Manager