[Blueboard] Closing of University Books of Accounts FY 2012-2013

cao at admu.edu.ph cao at admu.edu.ph
Sat Feb 9 11:28:52 PHT 2013

February 6, 2013

MEMO TO:	All Unit Heads and Department Chairpersons

FROM	:    	Central Accounting Office

SUBJECT:  	Closing of University Books of Accounts FY 2012-2013

In connection with the annual closing of the University Books of
Accounts for fiscal year ending March 31, 2013 and in compliance with
the requirements of our external auditor and the Bureau of Internal
Revenue's mandate that expenses should be paid or incurred during the
taxable year, may we request you to submit the following documents to
the Central Accounting Office on or before April 08, 2013:

1.	Budget transfers and adjustments between units and departments
2.	Report on completion and authority to close projects
3.	Authority to close non-moving DCB accounts
4.	Unpaid Invoices, Receiving Reports and Statements of Accounts
5.	Report on Purchase Orders and/or contracts with downpayments but
with no partial deliveries
6.	Replenishment requests for revolving and petty cash funds
7.	Report on donated assets and copies of Deed of Donation
8.	Report on disposition/transfer of movable assets (i.e. computers,
typewriters, airconditioners, tables, chairs, etc.)
9.	Stale voucher/payroll checks in your possession
10.	Liquidation of cash advances and supporting documents
11.	Receivables from non-Ateneo clients
12.	Official Receipts in the possession of authorized check custodians.
13.	The following procedures will be implemented with regard to
recording of Purchase Orders:
a.	Purchase Orders approved on or before March 15, 2013, which goods
or services are delivered/served not later than March 31, 2013 will be
charged to your FY 2012-2013 budget.
b.	Purchase Orders dated March 16, 2013 or later will be taken up in
FY 2013-2014.

Charges and credits for documents that are received after the April 8,
2013 deadline will be reflected in the following year?s budget (FY
2013-2014).

May we request you or your administrative assistant to review the
charges and deposits made to your accounts?  Please advise us of your
findings so that adjustments could be immediately effected before
closing our books of accounts.

Our office aims to close our books earlier this year and to have the
audited financial reports ready by the end of May 2013.  Your full
cooperation in this regard will allow us to accomplish this and
prepare complete and accurate reports for your units.

Thank you for your continued cooperation.

Respectfully yours,

LIBERTY P. SANTOS
Director

Noted by:

JOSE F. SANTOS
Vice-President for Finance and Treasurer