[Blueboard] EDSA 27

Jeanette Salvania jsalvania at ateneo.edu
Sat Feb 2 12:24:39 PHT 2013

Upon the invitation of the EDSA People Power Commission, the
University is participating in this year?s 27th anniversary observance
of the 1986 EDSA People Power revolution.

The Ateneo de Manila will send a contingent to the commemorative
activities to be held from 6:00 a.m. to about 10:00 a.m. on Monday,
February 25, 2013 at the People Power monument, corner of EDSA and
White Plains Avenue.  That day has been declared a special holiday for
all schools nationwide.

All ? especially those from but not limited to the Loyola Schools and
the Professional Schools - are enjoined to take part in rekindling the
memory of this seminal event in our country?s history.  Particularly
as the 2013 election season unfolds, may the memory of the bloodless
People Power upheaval engender and cultivate in all of us a deeper
patriotic regard for our beloved nation, the building of which the
University has long-committed to and which has been re-asserted as
among its strategic thrusts.

Should you wish to be included in the University contingent, please
submit your name to my office by email (at vpsd at admu.edu.ph) by not
later than the 13th of February 2013, to enable us to reckon the
number of Ateneo participants and to advise the organizers thereof by
their next meeting on the 15th of February 2013.  This will also allow
us to take stock of any need for logistical arrangements for our
participation.

We shall also be holding an appropriate briefing session/forum about
the event and its significance especially for our participating
students, to better predispose them on their participation.

Jaime G. Hofileña
Vice-President for Social Development