[Blueboard] Checkpoint 2013 - BFA Information Design students' Exhibit

mvilches at ateneo.edu mvilches at ateneo.edu
Fri Feb 1 20:24:23 PHT 2013

"By the time they’re done walking through #CHECKPOINT
(www.checkpoint2013.tumblr.com), a thesis exhibit of 60 BFA
Information Design students from the Ateneo de Manila University,
visitors will be convinced that these would-be graduates won’t be
unemployed for long.

"An app giving users a tour of Metro Manila’s heritage sites. A board
game helping persons with mild depression bond with their family and
friends. A fashion line that makes reading the Bible appealing. An
online collection of illustrated Filipino folklore. A set of
do-it-yourself kits for kids to create with local materials.

"These are what sleepless nights, endless cups of coffee, and tearful
consultations with thesis advisers come down to. And they’re brilliant."

Read on...

http://www.interaksyon.com/lifestyle/10-brilliant-ideas-at-checkpoint-ateneos-information-design-thesis-exhibit

MARIA LUZ C. VILCHES, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dean, School of Humanities
Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone (632) 4266001, Ext. 5300, 5301
Telephone & Fax (632)4261042
http://www.ateneo.edu/soh

"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
            -W.B. Yeats