[Blueboard] Christmas Message from SLB

SLB slb at admu.edu.ph
Fri Dec 20 16:05:18 PHT 2013

To all our friends, supporters, and partners in nation building:

Greetings of peace! We at Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB) are deeply thankful to have shared this year with you, and we wish you and your family a blessed Christmas and New Year!

2013 has been a big year for the country, and so it has been for SLB in almost all aspects of its organization.

In SLB’s political advocacies: we conducted a nationwide voters’ education project and call center service this year, in preparation for the country’s regular senatorial, congressional, and local elections.We also participated and helped organize mobilizations and fora about the PDAF scam (among the biggest issues that plagued the Philippines this year) and the broader issues of transparency and accountability in government. 2013 also marked the first full year of our engagement with the communities of Casiguran in their fight against APECO (Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport Authority). This year, SLB officially became the national coordinator for Task Force Anti-APECO, and led such efforts as a 2-week caravan with Casiguran locals around major cities in Luzon, and the filing of a Supreme Court case to declare APECO unconstitutional.

In SLB’s disaster relief and rehabilitation advocacies: we advanced greatly this year in our efforts to push for greater disaster preparedness and resiliency, starting with organizing efforts in Payatas. We also conducted relief operations for Typhoon Maring, Typhoon Labuyo (one of the strongest typhoons in recent history to hit our new partner community of Casiguran), Zamboanga, the Cebu and Bohol earthquakes, and – our largest relief operations to date – Typhoon Yolanda. Through our newly formed Task Force Bangon Pilipinas, we are determined to continue rehabilitation and disaster preparedness efforts in the many communities that were hit by disasters in the past year.

In all of this, again, we thank you for your gracious involvement and heartfelt support, and look forward to another year – because there is still a lot to be done – of working with you towards true nationwide development. We unite ourselves in prayer as together, we begin the difficult and rewarding task of rehabilitation for those who have been affected by these disasters.

Babangon tayo.  BaBANGON ang Pilipinas.  Patuloy na maglilingkod ang Simbahan para sa Bayan.  Sabay.  Walang maiiwan.

May we all feel and celebrate the love of Christ this holiday season!

Manalangin.  Manindigan. Makialam.
SIMBAHANG LINGKOD NG BAYAN