[Blueboard] Ateneo-SC Johnson Environmental Leadership Forum

ssalmo at ateneo.edu ssalmo at ateneo.edu
Fri Sep 7 16:41:28 PHT 2012

Please post.

The School of Science and Engineering, SC Johnson Phil. and the
Environmental Science Department invite the Ateneo community to the
5th Ateneo-SC Johnson Environmental Leadership Forum
?Towards Sustainable Consumption: Balancing Economic Development with
Environmental Conservation?
September 13, 2012 (Thursday); 1:30 to 5pm at Leong Hall
The topic of consumption is a critical topic that must be addressed if
we are to attain sustainable development. It is critical because it
impacts on our personal lifestyles, social and economic factors,
business priorities, and national policies. This Forum will seek to
address the challenge of sustainable consumption from these various
perspectives.

The recent disaster brought about by the Habagat Monsoon once again
reminds us of the enormous problem of waste that continues to confront
us. Obviously, our campaign of waste segregation is not enough.
Perhaps it is time for us to bring our efforts to a higher level to
address the challenge of OUR consumption. Our consumption impacts the
amount of resources that we use, as well as the volume of waste that
we produce.

We have invited two distinguished experts who will provide inputs on
this important topic:
?	Atty. Consuelo S. Ibay: Currently Head of Climate Change and Energy
Programme of World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF-Philippines)
?	Ms. Lisa C. Antonio: Former Executive Director of the Philippines
Business for the Environment (PBE) and Director and Senior Fellow at
the Development Academy of the Philippines

For inquiries, contact the forum secretariat at the following:
Environmental Science Department
3rd Flr. Manila Observatory Building
Telephone Nos. :426-43-21 (Direct) or 426-6001 Local 5650 (Trunkline)