[Blueboard] Christmas Parks 2012

VP for Administration vpa at admu.edu.ph
Wed Sep 5 10:57:16 PHT 2012

MEMO TO : The University Community

FROM : The Vice President for Administration

SUBJECT : University Christmas Parks 2012

Let’s continue to light up our campus for Christmas this year.

Various units/offices will be assigned areas within the campus to set up
a Nativity Scene or Belen, highlighting the indigenous culture and
tradition of the different regions of the country. Each park will be
approximately 200 sq. meters and will be decorated by units based on the
following guidelines:

1. The main objective of Christmas Parks 2012 is to foster community
spirit among students, parents, alumni, faculty, non-teaching staff and
administrators.
2. The Nativity scenes must be sensitive to other religions and must
represent the regions drawn by the units.
3. Materials must be indigenous, recyclable/reusable, organic, and
inexpensive. A budget cap of P40,000.00 is set for the expenses of each
park.
4. The structure should be weather-proof and should not damage campus
grounds. No permanent structures please.
5. Setting up of the various parks may begin 22 November 2012. The parks
should be up by 5pm on 28 November 2012.
6. Formal launching, lighting of the parks, and annual Christmas Concert
will be held on 29 November 2012. The Christmas Parks will remain on
display until the Feast of the Epiphany.

This year, the setting up of Christmas Parks will also be a healthy
competition among units. The Christmas Parks Committee shall be briefing
representatives of each Christmas Park regarding the specific contest
guidelines. The awarding of prizes will be held after the Christmas
Concert on 29 November 2012.

Let us be “thought-ful” and “creative.” I hope that by continuing this
University tradition we also continue to deepen our sense of community
and celebration.

Thank you.

Nemesio S. Que, SJ

Attached Files:
1. Memo - Christmas Parks 2012.pdf
2. Christmas Parks 2012 Groups.pdf

--
Office of the Vice President for Administration
Xavier Hall, Ateneo de Manila University