[Blueboard] Celebrate Friendship with LITERATURE and MUSIC!

mvilches at ateneo.edu mvilches at ateneo.edu
Tue Oct 16 14:35:53 PHT 2012

                 You are warmly invited to LITERATURE and MUSIC!

                                    ***
            "Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it.
It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides;
    and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already
                            become."  - C. S. Lewis

             "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing
                   the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

                                    ***
     The Philippine-British Friendship week opens with LITERATURE and MUSIC
                  on Friday, 19th October, MVP Basement Lobby,
           Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
                               5.00 to 8.30 PM

                      We mark this year's celebration with
                  Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee
     and the 250th anniversary of the British presence in the Philippines.

  LITERATURE and MUSIC begins with a gathering of friends at the 5PM cocktails.
      Come to wine and dine with creative writers, literary enthusiasts,
   British Alumni, teachers, students, special guests from the British Embassy,
             the British Council, and the British Alumni Association.

                                    ***
    Come and enjoy award-winning creative writers read either their original
          compositions or their selection from British literary pieces.

                                  Featuring
            Gemino Abad, Exie Abola, Mookie Katigbak, Sarge Lacuesta,
       Susan Lara, Ed Maranan, Danton Remoto, Beni Santos, Vince Serrano,
                    Tweet Sering, RayVi Sunico, Krip Yuson.

              Poetry reading is also with the special participation
                  of Amanda Burrell, British Council Director.

             Come and be lured by the dramatic rendition of excerpts
                from Shakespeare's plays - some of your favorites.
  Watch how thespians Judy Ick and Ricky Abad show that all the
world's a stage!

                                       ***
   MUSIC is provided by a chamber of the full Ateneo Blue Symphony Orchestra,
    a group composed of Ateneo undergraduate students from varied fields
   (creative writing, information design, management, psychology, physics,
         chemistry, etc) but united through their passion for music.
          Their mini concert features music that show a British theme.

                                       ***
                      LITERATURE and MUSIC is organized
           by the British Alumni Association in cooperation with
           the Ateneo de Manila University's School of Humanities
                      and British Council Philippines.

                    See you all at LITERATURE and MUSIC!

MARIA LUZ C. VILCHES, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dean, School of Humanities
Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone (632) 4266001, Ext. 5300, 5301
Telephone & Fax (632)4261042
http://www.ateneo.edu/soh

"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
             -W.B. Yeats