[Blueboard] LITERATURE and MUSIC

mvilches at ateneo.edu mvilches at ateneo.edu
Thu Oct 4 16:18:57 PHT 2012

Dear Friends,

Let me invite you to

LITERATURE AND MUSIC
In celebration of Philippine-British Friendship Week

Friday, 19 October 2012
Basement Lobby, MVP Center for Student Leadership
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
5PM Cocktails
6PM to 8.30 PM Performances

LITERATURE AND MUSIC features Filipino creative writers (British
Alumni among them) and/or literary enthusiasts who will read/render
poetry, fiction, non-fiction written by their favorite British writers
or from their own collection of works associated in form, content, or
context with Britain.  It also showcases a short dramatic performance
from a Shakespeare play.  A lot of the performers come from our own
community. Between these literary presentations are musical numbers by
the Ateneo Blue Symphony whose repertoire for the evening includes the
Beatles Medley, Leaving Hogwarts from Harry Potter, Stop-Spice Girls,
Bohemian Rhapsody, and Imagine.

This event is organized by the British Alumni Association in
collaboration with the Ateneo School of Humanities and British Council
Philippines.

Enjoy the beauty and power of the creative imagination.  Come to
LITERATURE and MUSIC!

Best,
Marlu

MARIA LUZ C. VILCHES, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dean, School of Humanities
Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone (632) 4266001, Ext. 5300, 5301
Telephone & Fax (632)4261042
http://www.ateneo.edu/soh

"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
            -W.B. Yeats