[Blueboard] WiFi outage

Patrick J. Medina pmedina at ateneo.edu
Thu Oct 4 09:58:20 PHT 2012

We regret to announce that the authentication system for LSWLAN1
(student) WiFi is currently having problems.  This is the reason for
the total outage that started yesterday until early today.  We are in
the process of troubleshooting the system and we are continuing to
monitor the situation.  We apologize for the inconvenience this has
caused.

We are in the process of evaluating upgrade and expansion options for
our centralized WiFi system.  This is in accordance with our plan of
moving from a basic "we have a signal in common areas" setup to a more
mature "we can better accomodate the lot of you" configuration.
Implementation is expected to begin by second semester.

Thank you for your understanding and support.