[Blueboard] UAAP Season 75 - Badminton Champions

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Thu Oct 4 08:43:11 PHT 2012

Memo to:        The University Community

Subject:           UAAP Season 75 - Badminton Champions

Congratulations to Ateneo de Manila's badminton teams for their sterling
performance in the UAAP Badminton championship.

The Men's Team won 2nd place.  (Last year, they were first, the women
second.)

This year, the Women's Team won the championship.  Gelita Castillo (II-AB
IS) was chosen as the Most Valuable Player, while Jana De Vera (1-AB PH) was
awarded Rookie of the Year.  The last time our ladies were champions was in
2004.

The names of our champion players are:

WOMEN'S Team

CASTILO, Gelita

CALACDAY, Jaimee

DE VERA, Jana

ENCARNACION, Lisa

FILART, Paula

MAGNO, Dia

ROXAS, Mikee

SAY, Chelsa

MEN'S Team

ALONZO, Raphael

BUENA, Angelo

CARLOS, JC

GADI, Toby

MADRID, Arlo

MALLILLIN, Mico

NATIVIDAD, Justin

NATIVIDAD, Patrick

On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila, I would like to congratulate our
badminton teams for these victories and for the honor they bring our alma
mater.  We thank as well our coaches, the management team, and all those who
support our teams with their kindness and generosity.

Mens sana in corpore sano,

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ