[Blueboard] Lecture on THE YEAR OF FAITH

Jason Cox azdeal03 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 10:13:15 PHT 2012

The Loyola School of Theology

invites you to a lecture on

THE YEAR OF FAITH
Father Catalino G. Arevalo, SJ, Professor Emeritus, Loyola School of Theology, Former Member, International Theological Commission

10:30-12PM
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Cardinal Sin Center
L/GF Loyola School of Theology
ADMISSION IS FREE

Abstract

Fr. Arevalo is recipient of the Award of Recognition at the 9th Plenary Assembly of the Federation of Asian Bishops’ Conferences (FABC). In 1997 His Eminence, Jaime Cardinal L. Sin, Archbishop of Manila, conferred upon him the award Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice and identified him as the “Dean of All Filipino Theologians and the Godfather of Hundreds of Priests.” Widely considered to be the "Father of Asian Theology", Fr. Revs has contributed to the Church more than 9,000 pages of theological writing with an Asian emphasis. Speaking of his own prodigious theological output, he simply says: “All this writing has been done, I trust, in the service of the Church. My Jesuit vocation places my life completely at the service of the Church: her people, her communities, her leadership, her works.” He is also well known as the long-time spiritual adviser of the late former President Corazon C. Aquino.