[Blueboard] Leadership Transition at the AGSB

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Mon Nov 19 16:46:11 PHT 2012

Memo to:        The University Community

Subject:           Leadership Transition at the AGSB

After serving as Dean of the Ateneo Graduate School of Business (AGSB) for
the past six years, Mr Alberto L Buenviaje will end his term on 31 March
2013. Dean Buenviaje is responsible for the successful implementation of the
Regis-MBA accelerated program and the expansion of the School through
satellite campuses in Cebu, Iloilo, Sta Rosa, and Clark. He also forged
partnerships leading to a tri-location joint masteral degree program with
Ecole Superiere des Sciences Commerciales d'Angers or ESSCA, a leading
business school in France.

To begin the search for the next Dean of the AGSB, I have formed a committee
whose members are:

1.      Mr Ralph A Ante (faculty, AGSB)

2.      Dr Edilberto C de Jesus (former President of AIM and former
Secretary of Education)

3.      Mr J Roberto C Delgado (ADMU trustee)

4.      Dr Carolina D Guina (research consultant for AGSB)

5.      Mr Greg S Navarro (Managing Partner and CEO, Deloitte Phils/Navarro
Amper & Co)

6.      Fr Karel S San Juan SJ (faculty, PhD Leadership Studies, Loyola
Schools, School of Govt)

7.      Dr John Paul C Vergara  (VP for Loyola Schools, and faculty, AGSB
and ASMPH)

We know that this task will not be easy. Thus, I am requesting the
University community, especially the AGSB community, to actively participate
in this discernment journey and go through a process of proposing
nominations for candidates. I would appreciate it if nominations are
submitted in writing by 30 November 2012 to the Office of the President
(email: jvillarin at ateneo.edu), or to Dr Edna P Franco, Assistant to the
President for Organization Development and Planning (email:
efranco at ateneo.edu).

After nominations are received, the Search Committee shall then:

-          Create a shortlist of possible candidates for Dean

-          Interview candidates and key informants

-          Report their recommendation to the President

I look forward to receiving the search committee's report by 15 January
2013.  This will enable me to consult, discern, and present the recommended
candidate for the trustees' approval at its February 2013 meeting.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ