[Blueboard] Leadership Transition at the ASMPH

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:01:32 PHT 2012

Memo to:        The University Community

Subject:           Leadership Transition at the ASMPH

The term of Dr Alfredo R A Bengzon, founding dean of the Ateneo School of
Medicine and Public Health (ASMPH), will end on 31 March 2013. As we all
know, Dr Bengzon's visionary leadership has been instrumental in shaping and
directing the School to where it is now.

I have formed a committee to conduct the search for his successor. The
members are:

*	Mr. Albert L Buenviaje (Dean, AGSB)
*	Mr Benjamin T K Ching (former ADMU trustee, major benefactor)
*	Fr Jose Mario C Francisco SJ (ADMU Board of Trustees)
*	Dr Norman Dennis E Marquez (faculty member, ASMPH and Loyola
Schools)
*	Mr Luisito G Montalbo (former faculty member, AGSB assigned to
ASMPH)
*	Dr Mari-Jo P Ruiz (ADMU trustee)
*	Dr Marita V T Reyes (former chancellor, UP Manila)
*	Dr Roberto C Tanchanco (core faculty and administrative team, ASMPH)

We know that this task of finding someone after Dr Bengzon will not be easy.
Thus, I am requesting the ASMPH community to actively participate in this
discernment journey and go through a process of proposing nominations for
candidates. I would appreciate it if nominations are submitted in writing by
20 November 2012 to the Office of the President (email:
jvillarin at ateneo.edu), or to Dr Edna P Franco, Assistant to the President
for Organization Development and Planning (email: efranco at ateneo.edu).

After nominations are received, the Search Committee shall then:

-          Create a shortlist of possible candidates for Dean

-          Interview candidates and key informants

-          Report their recommendation to the President

I look forward to receiving the search committee's report by 15 January
2013.  This will enable me to consult, discern, and present the recommended
candidate for the trustees' approval at its February 2013 meeting.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ