[Blueboard] University Business Affairs Office

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Fri May 18 09:27:33 PHT 2012

Memo to       :     The University Community

Subject           :     University Business Affairs Office

I wish to inform the community of the creation of the University Business Affairs Office (UBAO) under the direction of the Vice President for Finance, and Treasurer effective 1 June 2012.  This office shall oversee all activities requiring the use of university resources that may generate income for our educational mission from revenue streams other than the usual academic (e.g. tuition) sources.  Such activities include but may not be limited to:

  a.. Use of registered University trademarks
  b.. Use of University's physical facilities and other resources
  c.. Partnerships or joint ventures with third parties which require the commitment of university resources.
The UBAO's primary role is to ensure that such activities are consistent with the vision/mission and strategic goals/plans of the University.  It will develop and oversee the execution of policies and guidelines governing these activities even as these may be lodged in various offices and units.

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Jose M Santos as Director of this Office.  His extensive experience in finance and knowledge of University operations will be instrumental to the initial operations of this Office.  On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila, I thank Joe for his Ignatian readiness and commitment to serve with others as steward of this mission's resources and many talents.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ