[Blueboard] The Birth and Death of the Milky Way (Reinabelle Reyes, Ph.D.) erratum

Abigail Marie T. Favis afavis at ateneo.edu
Fri Jan 27 09:51:30 PHT 2012

The schedule for "The Birth and Death of the Milky Way" is 8 February
2012 Wednesday, not Thursday as earlier posted.

**********

The Birth and Death of the Milky Way
by Reinabelle Reyes, Ph.D.
8 February 2012, Wednesday
4:30 - 6:00
Faura AVR

Talk Abstract:
Our Milky Way galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of galaxies in the
Universe today. In this talk, I will use the latest astronomical
observations and cosmological simulations to tell the story of how
galaxies formed over the last ten billion years, and how our own Milky
Way galaxy will meet its end a "mere" three billion years from now.

About the Speaker:
Reinabelle Reyes completed her BS Physics from the Ateneo de Manila
University in 2005, summa cum laude, and her Ph.D. in Astrophysics
from Princeton University in 2011. She was awarded the Chambliss
Astronomy Achievement Student Award by the American Astronomical
Society for her contribution to the discovery of the largest number
obscured quasars to date.

Reina is currently a fellow at the Kavli Institute for Cosmological
Physics, University of Chicago. Her research interests include
observational cosmology (weak gravitational lensing) and galaxy
formation (disk galaxy kinematics).

For inquiries please contact the Office of the Dean, School of Science
and Engineering at 426-6001 ext 5602.

ABIGAIL MARIE T. FAVIS
Ateneo Environmental Management Coalition
Office of the Vice President for the Loyola Schools
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
Tel No.: (623)426.6001 extension 5008
http://ls.ateneo.edu/aemc/

Department of Environmental Science
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
Tel No.: (623)426.6001 extension 5650
Telefax No: (632)426.4321