[Blueboard] New Release from JesCom

Dit G. Sablan esablan at admu.edu.ph
Mon Dec 17 20:09:48 PHT 2012

*A GOOD READ THIS SEASON OF GIVING!*

*STARTLE**:  Gathering light from the Word of God*
*A Collection of Homilies and Reflections*
*by Jose Ramon "Jett" T. Villarin, SJ*

"Composing these calculated yet halting words on the Word of God has
been an adventure, if an agony at times.  I must confess that scientific
writing about climate change is far easier and more predictable.  A
consolation at least from writing these reflections is the afterglow.
The afterglow can be likened to stargazing.  Ignatius Loyola, who was
given to contemplating the heavens from his evening balcony in Rome,
would understand.

Startled.  That word best describes what Loyola must have felt under
starlight.  More than a mood, it is also a grace that is given those who
must search the silence for words on the Word of God.  It is the one
grace I pray for you as well when you ponder what you read here:  that
the Word may awaken you, that love may startle you and lead you to
unexpected openings and to some surprising space in your life.  And when
you are startled by love, may you find the courage and the quiet to decide."

(From the Introduction by Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ)

STARTLE is just a page turn away  <http://www.jescom.ph/?p=899>

Visit Jesuit Communications at www.jescom.ph
Like us on facebook

Dit G. Sablan
426-5971 loc. 121

"Dont wish it were easier, Wish you were BETTER
Dont wish for fewer problems, Wish for more SKILLS
Dont wish for less challenges, Wish for more WISDOM "
- Earl Shaof