[Blueboard] Second Week of Advent: The Waiting Days

sdelrosario at aps.ateneo.edu sdelrosario at aps.ateneo.edu
Mon Dec 10 16:23:13 PHT 2012

For this second week of the season of Advent, perhaps we can reflect
on our waiting stance and our watchfulness for the coming of the Lord.

Second Week of Advent
Theme: THE WAITING DAYS

Advent shows how beautiful waiting is. John Henry Newman preached one
of his most evocative Oxford sermons for Advent, entitled, "Watching",
on how we as Christians are called in all things to "look out" for
Christ, to "watch", and be alert for his coming, in the midst of our
daily lives, as well as at the end.

Lord, let me be prayerful, and watchful, this Advent.

  From Sacred Space 2013