[Blueboard] A Dialogue on Comics in Southeast Asia

mvilches at ateneo.edu mvilches at ateneo.edu
Fri Dec 7 15:45:00 PHT 2012

The Fine Arts Program is inviting all to join them on

December 10, Monday, 430 to 630pm

at SEC LEC B, Ateneo de Manila University

for

*Panel by Panel:*
A Dialogue on Comics in Southeast Asia (see attached)

featuring Singapore's Otto Fong and Cheng Tju

teaming up with Manila's comic book creators

for a talk and roundtable on the state of comics in Southeast Asia

About the guests:

Otto Fong is the creator of *Sir Fong's Adventures*, a popular sci-fi comic
book series that shines the spotlight on science and scientists in Asia. He
is also a bilingual playwright, having written the first Restricted
Mandarin theatre play (*Another Tribe. 1992*) in Singapore, and two
Singapore Art Fest plays *(Mr Beng. 2000. HERStory. 2011)**.*

Lim Cheng Tju is an educator who has written about history and popular
culture in Singapore. His articles have appeared in the Southeast Asian
Journal of Social Science, Journal of Popular Culture and Print Quarterly.
He is the country editor (Singapore) for the International Journal of Comic
Art and also the co-editor of Liquid City 2, an anthology of Southeast
Asian comics published by Image Comics.

--

MARIA LUZ C. VILCHES, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
            -W.B. Yeats