[Blueboard] admu.edu.ph server breakdown

Patrick J. Medina pmedina at ateneo.edu
Fri Dec 7 07:56:33 PHT 2012

The mail server handling the accounts under admu.edu.ph suffered a
breakdown late Wednesday afternoon, November 28.  The breakdown was
due to the failure of several electronic components on the server's
mainboard.  These components had to be ordered and were delivered late
Thursday afternoon, November 29.  Repair work was started immediately
and was continued through November 30 and December 1.  The server was
restored to full operational status noontime of December 1.

As a result of this, we have stocked a supply of the components that
broke in addition to our other spare parts.  The server itself has
earlier been scheduled for an upgrade by next SY.  We apologize for
the inconvenience.