[Blueboard] Monsoon

Joy Fernandez mfernandez02 at ateneo.edu
Wed Aug 8 17:16:38 PHT 2012

Memo to:       The University Community

Subject:          Monsoon

This is just to sound the call for more donations (monetary and in-kind) to
strengthen relief operations now ongoing at the College Covered Courts.  We
have been assisting several poor communities, including our own people, who
have been severely affected by these rains.

Your donations may be delivered to the following sites:

Quezon City:   Loyola Heights campus (College Covered Courts, Ateneo High
School, and Ateneo Grade School)

Makati:            Rockwell campus (Ateneo Professional Schools c/o Ateneo
Law Student Council)

Ortigas:           Ortigas campus (Ateneo School of Medicine and Public
Health)

In-kind donations that are most needed are described at the end of this
letter.

The Ateneo DReaM (Disaster Response and Management) Team is in charge of all
relief operations.  Their coordinates are:  (632) 697-7168, (632) 664-6530
[mobile landline]; (632) 426-6001 loc 5933 (landline);
<mailto:ateneodreamteam at lists.ateneo.edu> ateneodreamteam at lists.ateneo.edu
[email]; facebook.com/ateneodemanila (facebook); and @ateneodemanilau
(twitter).

For the latest updates on the status of classes and office work, please go
to  <http://www.ateneo.edu> www.ateneo.edu.

On behalf of the Ateneo de Manila, I would like to thank you even now for
giving ex abundantia cordis, out of the abundance of the heart. Even our
friends from Mindanao are mobilizing to help us here in Luzon. I hope you
are heartened as I am to see magis brimming all over, especially among our
young Ateneans with their families and friends.

Let us keep vigil with our people through our acts of generosity and
kindness and prayer.  May this strengthen our resolve to study and work
harder to become faithful stewards of all that has been created for us and
entrusted to our care.

Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ

President

(A description of possible in-kind donations is on the following page)

In-kind donations may consist of the following:

.         Food pack

-   Tuna in easy to open cans

-   Pork and beans in foil packs

-   Mixed biscuits

-   2 gallons of water

.         Hygiene pack

-   Bath, laundry Soap

-   Tissue

-   Sanitary Napkin

-   Towels

.         Sleeping materials

-   Tarps or tolda as makeshift beds and tents

-   Blankets

.         Set of clothes (tops, bottoms and comfortable footwear - sorted
according to age group and gender)

.         Medicines (paracetamol, amoxycillin, cefalexin, betadine,
band-aids, and antiseptics)

.         Sacks to place the relief donations to be given per family

.         Use of vehicles for hard to reach areas and volunteer drivers
would also be welcome.