[Blueboard] Appointments at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (ASMPH)

Joy Fernandez mfernandez02 at ateneo.edu
Fri May 27 14:38:15 PHT 2011

 MEMO TO    :     The University Community

        FROM     :     The President

   SUBJECT    :     APPOINTMENTS AT THE ATENEO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

                              AND PUBLIC HEALTH (ASMPH)

The Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (ASMPH), now on its fourth year of operation, is moving towards formalizing its structure and processes.  In line with this, I am happy to announce the following appointments, effective April 1, 2011:

                              MA. LUZ  S. CASIMIRO-QUERUBIN, M.D.

                              Associate Dean for Academic Affairs

                              MARIA EUFEMIA C. YAP, M.D.

                              Associate Dean for Planning and Administration

Dr. Querubin and Dr. Yap, under the leadership of Dr. Alfredo R.A. Bengzon, Dean of ASMPH, have been very instrumental in putting together the School's vision/mission, core curriculum, admissions criteria, faculty structure, other academic and formation programs and processes of the ASMPH.  They have led the way for the School during its development stage.

The appointments come as we celebrate Dr. Jose P. Rizal's 150th Birth Anniversary, our National Hero, a distinguished Ateneo alumnus and himself a prominent medical practitioner.

We thank Dr. Yap and Dr. Querubin for accepting these important assignments, and for their continued service to ASMPH in molding future medical doctors.

Bienvenido F. Nebres, S.J.