[Blueboard] FLU VACCINATION PROGRAM 2011

hrmo at admu.edu.ph hrmo at admu.edu.ph
Tue May 3 13:55:30 PHT 2011

TO        :  The University Community

FROM      :  IMELDA G. NIBUNGCO
              Director, HRMO

RE        :  FLU VACCINATION PROGRAM 2011

The Human Resources Management Office is scheduling another Flu
Vaccination Program for this year.

As recommended by the World Health Organization, the vaccines for use
in the 2011 influenza season contain the following:

*  A/California/7/2009 (H1N1) - like virus
*  A/Perth/16/2009 (H3N2) - like virus
*  B/Brisbane/60/2008 - like virus

However, before our office can finalize this program, we need to
gather at least two hundred fifty (250) participants to be able to
enjoy the discounted price of Php380.00 per shot.  we need to know in
advance the total number of employees (and their dependents) who will
be interested to avail of this offer.

It may be worthwhile to mention that if you opt to get your flu shot
from an outside provider, it will normally cost you between Php600.00
to Php 650.00 per shot.  Thus, we encourage everyone to participate.

Those who are interested must get a clearance from their doctor.  This
vaccination is not recommended for the following:

1.  Patients who are below 3 years old;
2.  Patients with known allergy to egg;
3.  Patients with known allergy to an antibiotic known as Neomycin
(not Penicillin);
4.  Patients who have fever on the day of administration;
5.  patients who are on their 1st trimester of pregnancy (or from 0 to
4 months) and those who are suspecting possible pregnancy.

If your doctor recommends this vaccination, please call Kathy or
Aileen at local 4124 and 4129, on or before Friday, 20 May 2010 for
enlistment.

Thank you.