[Blueboard] Lectures at the Library: Rizal At All Times by F. Sionil Jose, June 24, 2011

rizal.library at admu.edu.ph rizal.library at admu.edu.ph
Thu Jun 23 07:37:17 PHT 2011

Ortigas Foundation Library invites the public to

<http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KJke0_3O1NdR4ARdWjzbkF/SIG=12qfoc0rp/EXP=1307462847/**http:/www.deviantart.com/download/91440353/Jose_Rizal_by_Enzoguri.jpg>

Rizal At All Times
A  lecture by F. Sionil Jose
Friday, June 24 at 6:oo pm

In  commemoration of  the 150th  birth Anniversary of  Dr. Jose P.
Rizal,   National Artist for Literature  F. Sionil Jose will talk
about the life and writings of  our national hero in this one hour
talk.  Admission is Free.   To register and for more information
please  call  631.1231 locals 222 and 228 or email
ortigasfoundation at ortigas.com.ph
<mailto:ortigasfoundation at ortigas.com.ph&gt;

The Ortigas Foundation Library is located at the 2nd Floor of Ortigas
of  Ortigas Building, Ortigas corner Meralco Avenues, Ortigas Center,
Pasig City
(www.ortigasfoundationlibrary.com.ph)

About the Speaker

F. (Francisco) Sionil José, writer and publisher, founded the
Philippine Center of PEN, an international organization of poets,
playwrights, essayists, and novelists. In 1965 he established the
publishing firm Solidaridad and edited the journal, Solidarity. His
work includes eleven novels, five books of short stories, a book of
verse, a collection of stories for children and four books of essays.
His five-novel Rosales saga consisting of The Pretenders, Tree, My
Brother My Executioner, Mass, and Po-on have been published in the
United States and translated in various languages in Asia and Europe.
José has received numerous fellowships, honorary Ph.D's and awards,
which include: the
Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Award (1980); the Cultural Center of the
Philippines (CCP) Centennial Honors for the Arts (1999); the National
Artist Award for Literature (2001); and the Pablo Neruda Centennial
Award (2004).