[Blueboard] Hiring: Project Officer/Research Associate for JJCICSI
Roberto E. N. Rivera, S.J.
rnrivera at ateneo.edu
Thu Jun 9 08:58:38 PHT 2011
The John J. Carroll Institute on Church and Social Issues (JJCICSI), a social apostolate of the Philippine Province of the Society of Jesus, is an organization of researchers and advocates committed to the faith that does justice, working in solidarity with the Catholic Church, and responsive to the needs of the Filipino poor. JJCICSI is now accepting applications for the position of Project Officer/Research Associate.
- Develops and carries out a research agenda and work plan in the policy area of juvenile justice.
- Maintains regular links, advocates and lobbies with POs, NGOs, Church personnel, media, academicians and other cause-oriented groups to promote children's rights, family concerns, and other similar issues.
- Monitors relevant legislation in Congress and policies/programs of the Executive Branch to assist in the advocacy and lobbying efforts.
- Ensures that JJCICSI analyses and proposals are disseminated and discussed for the benefit of other juvenile justice advocates.
- Writes occasional articles and papers on the topic of juvenile justice.
Education: With masteral course or graduate units in the Social Sciences (e.g. Sociology, Psychology, Economics) or any related field.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year in social development work or any related field.
Knowledge: On children's rights work, preferably on issues concerning children in conflict with the law and child abuse; familiarity with RA 9344 (Juvenile Justice and Welfare Act).
Skills: Research and writing (studies, articles, proposals); lobbying and advocacy of laws and policies; networking (with partner NGOs and POs); organizing and facilitation; program management and leadership.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Sample of applicant's written work
- Copy of official transcript of records
Please submit application with complete documents in printed or hard copies (except for the sample work which can be submitted in soft copy) to:
GEMMA RITA R. MARIN
Rm. 202, Mayo Hall, Social Development Complex,
Ateneo de Manila University Campus, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. 426-6001 loc. 4656 ; email: gemmarin22 at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard