[Blueboard] Thank you letter from Dr. Emy Liwag, 16th Recepient of SAP

hrmo at admu.edu.ph hrmo at admu.edu.ph
Tue Apr 26 14:17:36 PHT 2011

Dearest friends and colleagues in the Ateneo community:

To be suddenly stricken with a serious dreaded illness is one of the
most challenging and traumatic experiences anyone can face,  but for
such to happen while one is far away from home makes the suffering
nearly unbearable.

Last February 18, while on my year-long sabbatical leave in Australia,
I had a major heart attack;  I was hospitalized at the Canberra
Medical Center where I subsequently underwent an angioplasty.  I am
now undergoing cardiac rehabilitation, slowly but steadily treading
the path back to recovery, physical strength, cardiac health, and
well-being.

Please accept my deeply heartfelt appreciation for the generous
support I received from the Ateneo via our Sickness Aid Plan.  This
monetary assistance is a much welcome alleviation of the financial
stress of being sick in a Foreign country.  More importantly, the
immediate succor, the wonderful reaching out to me of my work
community, and the sincere, loving notes and messages of support from
all of you back home are helping my heart to heal and be strong again.

Words melt in my tongue as I try to express how much your caring has
eased my heart's "aches".  My family and I will always remember your
incredible help with gratitude -- thank you very much and God bless
everyone and your concerned hearts!

With love and thanks,  Maria Emma Concepcion D. Liwag ("Emy")