[Blueboard] CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR STUDENTS: ERASMUS MUNDUS MOBILITY WITH ASIA (EMMA-EAST-WEST)
oip at admu.edu.ph
Sat Nov 27 10:47:26 PHT 2010
The Office of International Relations is pleased to announce the opening of the application for scholarship opportunities for Ateneo undergraduate and graduate students to study in a European university, under the ERASMUS MUNDUS MOBILITY WITH ASIA (EMMA-EAST-WEST) program.
EMMA is a mobility program fully sponsored by the Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window action from the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Union. Its objective is to develop cooperation between Asian and European higher education institutions through the exchange of students and staff. The exchanges will hopefully contribute in enriching the educational environment of both the Asian and European universities.
Under the EMMA program, the Ateneo can send as many as the following number of students to any of the European partner universities listed below:
Undergraduate: 5 (6 months)
Masters: 3 (6 months) and 1 (11 months)
Doctorate: 2 (10 months) and 1 (34 months)
List of the European partner universities:
1. Université de Nice-Sophia Antipolis (France)
2. University of Hiedelberg (Germany)
3. University of Genova (Italy)
4. Adam Mickiewicz University (Poland)
5. "Lucian Blaga" University Sibiu (Romania)
6. University of Padua (Italy)
7. University of Warsaw (Poland)
8. University of Evora (Portugal)
9. University of Twente (The Netherlands)
1. The application is to be done online at http://www.emmasia.eu. It can be started anytime, but it will have to be completed by January 3, 2011 to give Ateneo time to screen its applicants. (The deadline for all the applicants is Jan. 7, but only those who submit by Jan 3 will be considered for the reserved slots for Ateneo.)
2. Only students who are currently enrolled are qualified to apply for the Ateneo slots. However, recent Ateneo graduates and non-Ateneo students may avail of a few slots provided by EMMA for them (referred to as TG2 or Target Group 2 in the website).
3. The scholarship grants will begin in September or October 2011, depending on the European university.
4. Because of the different school calendar in Europe, the scholarship recipients may have to skip one or more semesters at Ateneo.
5. For the 6-month undergraduate grants screening, priority will be given to the JTA students.
6. For the Master and 10-month PhD grants, the program is ideal for those who are on their thesis stage.
7. Some European universities may require some proficiency in their language. Please visit their websites to check if you can take enough courses if you get accepted.
For more information, please visit the above website or email:
Reggie M. Marcelo (rmm at math.admu.edu.ph) or
Jumela F. Sarmiento (jumela at math.admu.edu.ph)
at the Mathematics Department, local 5680-83, or at 4266125.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Office of International Relations
2/F Bellarmine Hall
Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights
Quezon City, Philippines 1108
T: 632 - 426 6001 local 4037
632 - 927 4534
F: 632 - 426 5907
More information about the Blueboard