[Blueboard] Regular Class Day for LS and Mass in honor of the Immaculate Conception, 8 Dec 2010

Carmela Siojo csiojo at ateneo.edu
Tue Nov 23 11:25:14 PHT 2010

Memo to: The Loyola Schools Community

      From:  John Paul C. Vergara, Ph.D.
                  Vice President for the Loyola Schools

    Subject:  Regular Class Day and Mass in honor of the Immaculate Conception,

Please be informed that Wednesday, December 8, 2010 will be a regular class-day for all year levels (both undergraduate and graduate).

However, in line with the 2009 CBCP directive on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception to capture the true spirit of the holy day and make its celebration more meaningful, I would like to invite all the administrators, faculty, students, non-teaching staff and maintenance personnel of the Loyola Schools to attend the Mass in honor the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary on that day,

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

9:30 to 10:30 a.m.

Church of the Gesù

Our Presider and Homilist for this Eucharistic Celebration will be Fr. Nemesio S. Que, S.J., Director of the Office of Admission and Aid.  All priests are invited to concelebrate.

To enable everyone to attend the Mass, classes are suspended from 9:30 until 11:30 a.m. Staff and maintenance personnel are likewise excused from office at this time. I also invite the community to bring white roses to be offered to the Blessed Mother during the Eucharistic Celebration, and I encourage everyone to wear something blue or white.

Novena masses in preparation for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception will start on 24 November 2010, Wednesday at the College Chapel.

Thank you very much.