[Blueboard] Urgent Plea for Help for the families of Negros Occidental

krizna gomez flnd_krizzie at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 16:14:33 PHT 2010

Dear friends,

Please find below the letter of Fr. Rolex Nueva, Director of the Social Action Center (SAC) of the Diocese of Kabankalan, Negros Occidental. They are in urgent need of food to help stave off the hunger being suffered by almost 500 families who have been desperately seeking for aid since the drought caused by El Nino started. Right now, their efforts are focused on gathering donations of rice sacks (an NFA rice sack costs around PhP800 which will last a family two weeks) for the community, but given the limited resources of the diocese, they are hardly able to do this without external assistance.

If you have resources to spare or know of organizations who can provide the much-needed immediate aid to them, please do not hesitate to contact me in the details provided below or directly contact Fr. Rolex at +63 917 959 5043, or directly deposit your donation to Banco de Oro Kabankalan branch Account No. 3060056301, under the name of Bishop Patricio Buzon and Fr. Ramon Florete. Kindly fax the deposit slip to (63) (34) 4712163 for documention purposes. At the very least, it will make a huge difference if you help us forward this call to your own networks.

We know that these are not the best of times for us all as an economy seeking to recover. But right now, whatever help you can give can save the lives and help put an end to the suffering of these poor families in Negros. While these are truly difficult times, this is also the perfect opportunity to lend a hand to those who need it most today.

Many thanks and may God bless you infinitely.

Best,
Kriz
MA. KRIZNA S. GOMEZ
Program Coordinator
Multi-Sectoral Quick Reaction Teams (MSQRT) on Extralegal Killings and Enforced Disappearances
Ateneo Human Rights Center
G/F Ateneo Professional Schools
20 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center
1200 Makati City, Philippines
Tel: (63)(2)8997691 local 2115 / 8972142
Fax: (63)(2)8994342