[Blueboard] Pathways students conquer the United States! =)

Solvie T. Nubla-Lee snubla at ateneo.edu
Mon May 17 17:12:00 PHT 2010

Dear Friend,

Today, two Pathways participants - Aylin Bello and Jennifer Robles (BS
Psychology, Miriam College 2010) just arrived in San Francisco, USA.
They will be presenting their co-authored undergraduate thesis at the
prestigious Stanford Undergraduate Psychology Conference.

Just the other week, another Pathways student, Yomkippur Perez
(Batasan Hills National High School graduate) came home from from
International Sustainable World (Engineering, Energy & Environment)
Project (I-SWEEEP) Olympiad in Houston Texas where her high school
science research paper on Utilization of Eggshell as an Adsorbent
Material of Biological Origin for the Removal of Lead Ions in Aqueous
Solution was awarded the Bronze Medal.

We at Pathways are filled with such parental pride in seeing how these
students overcome great hurdles to accomplish what they have in their
very young lives.

Pathways is on its 8th year of identifying talented but financially
underprivileged students from the public schools and equipping them
with the academic and formative skills necessary to access college and
nurture their fullest potential.

Aylin, Jennifer and Yomkippur are just three of the over 500 students
Pathways has helped nurture to their fullest potential. They are just
a few of the talented Pathways students who are now literally going
places. In previous years, we saw Pathways students go to Singapore,
Japan and Australia for further studies and to represent the country.
This is our first time to be able to send Pathways students to the US.

With YOUR HELP, we can certainly help MORE STUDENTS go to MORE PLACES!

Aylin and Jennifer just graduated from Miriam College on scholarship
from JCAP and Miriam College respectively, while Yomkippur is just
starting out as a college freshman at the University of the
Philippines. She will be taking up BS Chemistry.

Yomki is just one of Pathways? 66 incoming freshmen this school year.
With YOUR SUPPORT, we can help Yomki and her batch mates go further as
they pursue a college education, and MAKE THEIR DREAMS COME TRUE!

For as low as P 1,000 per month or P 12,000 a year, you can help
another a student with food and transportation expenses, or donate any
amount that when pooled with other donations, will go a long way in
helping another student fulfill his dreams of earning a college degree.

We've helped them come this far, YOU can greatly help them go the
distance and go places - literally!

For more on Aylin and Jennifer's Stanford trip, please click on this link:

http://www.pathwaysphilippines.org/blog/from-san-roque-to-stanford-university-and-beyond

To read more on Yomkippur, please click on this link:
http://www.pathwaysphilippines.org/blog/a-budding-pathways-scientist-goes-to-texas

For more information, please refer to the attached Donor Form, or
visit our website at www.pathwaysphilippines.org. You may also get in
touch with us at 426.6001 loc. 4044 ? 4049 or by sending an email to
info.pathways at gmail.com.

Sincerely,
Pathways Project Team

Solvie T. Nubla-Lee