[Blueboard] FLU VACCINATION PROGRAM 2010

hrmo at admu.edu.ph hrmo at admu.edu.ph
Thu May 13 10:57:42 PHT 2010

TO:    The University Community

FROM:  IMELDA G. NIBUNGCO
        Director, HRMO

RE:    FLU VACCINATION PROGRAM 2010

The Human Resources Management Office is scheduling another Flu
Vaccination Program for this year.

As recommended by the World Health Organization, the vaccines for use
in the 2010 influenza season contain the following:

*  A/California/7/2009 (H1N1) - like virus
*  A/Perth/16/2009 (H3N2) - like virus
*  B/Brisbane/60/2008 - like virus

However, before our office can finalize this program, we need to
gather at least two hundred fifty (250) participants to be able to
enjoy the discounted price of Php525.00 per shot.  We need to know in
advance the total number of employees (and their dependents) who will
be interested to avail of this offer.

It may be worthwhile to mention that if you opt to get your flu shot
from an outside provider, it will normally cost you between Php700.00
to Php900.00 per shot.  Thus, we encourage everyone to participate.
We will enjoy a much lower cost if we get more than 250 employees and
dependents to sign up in this vaccination program.

Those who are interested must get a clearance from their doctor.  This
vaccination is not recommended for the following:

1.  Patients with known allergy to egg;
2.  Patients with known allergy to an antibiotic known as Neomycin
(not Penicillin);
3.  Patients who have fever on the day of administration;
4.  Patients who are on their 1st trimester of pregnancy (or from 0 to
4 months) and those who are suspecting possible pregnancy.

If your doctor recommends this vaccination, please call Offie or Kathy
at local 4124 and 4129, on or before Friday, 21 May 2010 for enlistment.

Thank you.