[Blueboard] Call for Nominations to the 2010 Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards
esablan at admu.edu.ph
Tue May 4 15:27:37 PHT 2010
2010 CARDINAL SIN CATHOLIC BOOK AWARDS
For the 2010 Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards, only books authored by a local (Philippines-based) Catholic writer and/or published by a local Catholic publisher and printed from May 2009 to April 30, 2010 will be considered for evaluation.
Entries may be submitted by any person or organization wishing to direct the attention of the Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc. (ACCI) to a noteworthy book. A person or organization may submit more than one entry in each category.
A. Awards Categories
Books that serve and deepen the devotional and prayer life, edifies spiritual growth that serves as guidance and light in a truly Christian life, including works in prayers, homiletics, meditations, true life inspiring Christian experiences, lives of saints and the likes.
Books that illustrate or document the varied forms of Christian ministry in the Philippines, including faith-based advocacies, social/civic apostolate and projects, etc.
3. Theology and Liturgy
Books that aid study of and reflection on Catholic Christian faith and worship, including works in Scriptures, Patristics, Christology, the Creed, Sacraments, worship ministries, etc.
4. Family Life
Books that promote the value of the domestic church, including true-life stories about parenting, family relationships, struggles and accomplishments, etc.
5. Youth and Children
Books that give value formation to the youth and children including stories of faith, virtues, morals, heroic deeds, and special youth documented activities, etc.
B. Special Categories:
1. Emerging Author Awards
Awarded to a Catholic writer who is publishing a book for the first time on any topic that falls under the award categories, and demonstrates a fresh approach to the chosen field.
2. Lifetime Achievement
Awarded to a Catholic writer whose lifework represents a continuing contribution to the propagation of the Christian faith through the print media, in recognition of exemplary Catholic life and apostolic zeal as reflected in the Christian values and ideals contained in his/her writings.
C. Guidelines for the Submission of Nominations:
1. Fill out the Official Entry Form. Downloadable at www.jescom.ph
2. Submit two (2) copies of the filled out form (one copy for ACCI, one copy for nominating person).
3. Submit three (3) copies of the nominated book. Books submitted will be used for evaluation by the selected judges and will not be returned.
4. Pay the participation fee of Php2, 000.00. Checks should be payable to: Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc. An official receipt will be issued. Note that the participation fee is non-refundable.
5. Submit Official Entry Form and nominated books with the participation fee to:
Asian Catholic Communicators Inc.
8 Mayumi Street, U.P. Village
Diliman 1101, Quezon City
Tel no (02) 921-3984
6. Deadline for submission of requirements: May 31, 2010
7. The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable.
8. Finalists will be informed that they have made it to the final round and will be invited to the awards night. Winners will be announced during the awards night. Awarding will be during the 32nd Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA) on October 13, 2010 at the San Carlos Seminary Auditorium, EDSA Guadalupe, Makati City
More information about the Blueboard