[Blueboard] Internet Upgrading

Patrick J. Medina pmedina at ateneo.edu
Mon Jun 28 08:40:47 PHT 2010

To the Ateneo community:

This week we will be undertaking a major maintenance and upgrade
activity on the Internet connection of the Loyola campus (i.e. our
network connection to/from the outside world).

Please take note of the following:

1.  Network services (mail.ateneo.edu, www.ateneo.edu, etc.) inside
the Loyola campus should not be affected when accessed from inside
campus

2.  External network services (Google, Facebook, etc.) will experience
slowdowns and intermittent connections when accessed from inside the
Loyola campus

3.  AdMU services (mail.ateneo.edu, www.ateneo.edu, etc.) will
experience slowdowns and intermittent connections when accessed from
outside the Loyola campus

We will exert all efforts in coordination with our Internet service
providers to minimize any service disruptions during office hours.  We
expect services to fully normalize by next Monday, if not earlier.

Thank you for your attention and consideration.