[Blueboard] Advent Consideration: Compassion

sdelrosario at aps.ateneo.edu sdelrosario at aps.ateneo.edu
Tue Dec 7 13:18:41 PHT 2010

Advent Consideration: COMPASSION

We should not look at or listen to the one we feel is making us angry
and causing us to suffer. In fact, the main root of our suffering is
the seed of anger in us. The other person may have said or done
something unskillful or unmindful. But his unskillful words or actions
arise from his own suffering. He may just be seeking some relief,
hoping to survive. The excessive suffering of one person will very
often overflow onto others. A PERSON WHO IS SUFFERING NEEDS OUR HELP,
NOT OUR ANGER.

--Thich Nhat Hanh, The Blooming Lotus

A blessed season of Advent to everyone...

CAMPUS MINISTRY OFFICE/OFFICE OF THE SCHOOL CHAPLAIN AND COUNSELOR
Ateneo Professional Schools
Rockwell, Makati City 1200
8997691 to 96, local 2120/2116