[Blueboard] SOM Week Lecture Series

dyu at ateneo.edu dyu at ateneo.edu
Wed Dec 1 16:24:28 PHT 2010

Please post the message below. Thanks. Darwin Yu

To the Loyola School Community:

Once again, we celebrate our triumphs and aspirations as a JGSOM
community by holding our annual JGSOM Week from Dec. 6 to 13, 2010.
Our theme this year is "HeroiSOM: It begins with me." An important
aspect of the JGSOM Week is the lecture series featuring outstanding
leaders and managers who will share their experiences and insights
related to service and excellence, as follows:

Dec. 6 (Monday) "Transformational Leadership" Speaker: Mr. Jess
Robredo, DILG Secretary and former mayor of Naga City.

Dec. 7 (Tuesday) "Business Ethics: It Begins with Me." Speaker: Henry
Schumacher, Director of the European Chamber of Commerce in the Phils.
(ECCP). ECCP company presentations and cocktails follow at MVP basement.

Dec. 8 (Wednesday) "Building a Champion Team" Speaker: Norman Black,
Head coach of the Ateneo Blue Eagles, UAAP Senior Basketball 3-peat
champion.

Dec. 9 (Thursday) "Competing with Giants" Speakers: Nick Gitsis SEAir
Co-Founder and Director, and Dylan Wilk, Vice-President, Gandang
Kalikasan, Inc., a GK-affiliated social enterprise that has built a
P200 M business in
two years making and selling organic body care products under the
Human Heart Nature brand.

Dec. 10 (Friday) "I Can Make a Difference" Speakers: Mark Ruiz,
Founder and Managing Director of MicroVentures, and Go Negosyo
Inspiring Young Filipino Entrepreneurs Awardee. Gina Lopez, Managing
Director of ABS-CBN Foundation.

We would like to invite you to attend these talks, which will all be
held from 4:30 to 6:00 pm at the Leong Hall Auditorium.

Darwin D. Yu
Acting Dean, JGSOM