[Blueboard] [THE SLB LIGHTPOST:13] Last Week Of Registration

simbahanglingkod at gmail.com simbahanglingkod at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 06:22:36 PHT 2009

THE SLB LIGHTPOST
The Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan network e-group for announcements and
regular reports

October 2009

VOTERS' REGISTRATION UPDATE:

Are you among the country's 45,487,634 registered voters for the 2010
ELECTIONS?

If not, then you only have ONE WEEK left to count yourself in!

Go and register at the Office of the Election Officer at the local COMELEC
Office in your area, any day from Monday-Saturday, 8AM-5PM. Bring valid IDs.

Registration period is only until
OCTOBER 31, 2009.

Register now and Exercise your right to vote! Every small but heroic act
can help. Be good examples to one another especially to the young members
of the nation.

Task Force 2010 is a consortium and partnership between and among various
election watchdogs aiming to push for the needed reforms in the electoral
process and even in the COMELEC. It aims to restore credibility to the
whole exercise and to ensure that there will be a clean, honest, peaceful,
and credible elections in the ARMM elections, 2010 elections and beyond.
SLB currently serves as National Secretariat of Task Force 2010 which
comprises of different organizations that work for clean, honest and
peaceful elections.
To learn more about our collaborative alliance for 2010 and to read
updates, news and events, visit www.tf2010.slb.ph

CGE! SUNDAY RadioShow:

What is CGE?

CGE! stands for Citizenship by Good Example. It is an awareness campaign
that focuses on one's exercise of citizenship as the first vital step en
route to achieving our national dream of genuine democracy. The exercise of
citizenship covers a wide range from the simplest to the most complex. But
each is called to first review and reflect again on what we mean by the
exercise of one's citizenship.

Tune in to SLB-Veritas846 CGE RadioShow. Join our anchors, Bro. Ogie
Cabayao, SJ and Bro. Jomari Manzano, SJ, in Live discussions every Sunday
from 3:00 to 4:00 PM!

BE A KAPANALIG OF RADIO VERITAS. To be heard on air, you can text your
comments and opinions to 0918-8374827/0918-VERITAS or you can visit
www.veritas846.ph.

UPCOMING TOPICS and Good Example Guests:

October 25, 2009: Atty. Vidamo from the Bureau of Jail Management and
Penology (BJMP) and CBCP's celebration of the 22nd Prison Awareness Week

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/slbnews?hl=en