[Blueboard] Lights for Hope 2009 (Registration)

Iya Regalario pregalario at ateneo.edu
Fri Oct 23 09:07:06 PHT 2009

To all Ateneo faculty and staff,

For those who are interested in registering their children for the Lights
for Hope 2009, please e-mail to Iya Regalario (pregalario at ateneo.edu) of the
Office of University Development and Alumni Relations the following details:

Staff Name

Department

Child's Name

Child's Age

Contact No.s

E-mail Address

*Please take note that we are only allowing children from ages 6 to 12 to
register for safety purposes and also because of the limited slots. Only 500
slots will be given to the children of Ateneo staff/ employees, and
registration comes on a first-come-first-serve basis. Also, please take note
that this event is made for those affected by Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng.
Thank you.

LIGHTS FOR HOPE 2009

For the past eight years, the Office of University Development and Alumni
Relations has been organizing an early Christmas party for the children of
outreach groups of the University and the Socially Oriented Organizations of
Ateneo. This year, on Ateneo's 150th anniversary, our office along with the
different units of the university shall celebrate Christmas in the light of
giving hope to children who have been hit by typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng.

 Lights for Hope Christmas Outreach 2009 will be a day's worth of fun
activities that will give these children a well deserved break from the
discomfort and depression brought about by the calamity. We are inviting the
children of Ateneo's faculty and staff who were affected by Typhoons Ondoy
and Pepeng together with children from the socially oriented groups of the
university. At least 1,000 children between the ages of 6-12 are invited to
this party. The event will be held on Saturday, 21 November from 2:00-6:00
pm at the Bellarmine Field, followed by a Mass at 6:30 pm at the Church of
the Gesu.

 We are providing 500 slots for the children of Ateneo's faculty and staff
who were affected by Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng. May we request interested
parties to register with the Office of University Development and Alumni
Relations (OUDAR), Alingal Hall by Friday, November 6 or call Iya Regalario
at 426-6001 ext. 4082/ e-mail: pregalario at ateneo.edu Registration is on a
first-come-first-serve basis. Registered participants must claim the stubs
for the merienda and the goodie bags on November 13.

 The children will be served merienda, given gifts, and enjoy inflatable
slides. It is hoped that this early Christmas treat will remind them that
people care and sincerely want to bring them joy and cheer during this
special time of the year.

Regards,

Iya Regalario

Events Group

Office of University Development and Alumni Relations

Ateneo de Manila University

426-6001 (local 4082)

426-6081/ 82